- General Inpatient Wards at Forth Valley Royal Hospital, and the four Community Hospitals – Falkirk, Stirling, Clackmannanshire and Bo’ness – 11.30am – 8.00pm, 7 days a week.
- Visiting times for inpatient Mental Health Wards at Forth Valley Royal Hospital have also been extended from 3pm – 8.00pm, 7 days a week.
As part of the fundraising efforts towards the costs of the Concerned Communities of Falkirk (CCOF) legal team at the Dart Energy Public Inquiry, the Community Council has arranged a family ceilidh. The details are as follows:
- Date: Saturday 26th April 2014
- Start Time: 7.30pm.
- Venue: Plough Hotel, Stenhousemuir
- Tickets: £10 per person or £25 for family tickets. Children are very welcome.
- Band: The “Houseband”: Susan Appelbe, Rory Clark, Gordon Clarke and Suzanne Bell (all music graduates and music teachers in the Falkirk area)
- Food: Buffet will be provided
If you would like to order tickets for the ceilidh, please e-mail us as soon as possible as numbers are limited on firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the introduction of the High Hedges (Scotland) Act 2013, Falkirk Council has issued guidance in relation to the actions owners of residential properties can take if a neighbour’s high hedge is reducing their enjoyment of their property. For more information, see Falkirk Council’s guidance note: Falkirk Council High Hedge Guidance
The Forestry Commission has organised an Easter fun event in Larbert Woods on Friday 18th April 2014 at 11am.
Join the local ranger for two hours of Easter fun. Hunt for hidden treasures on the old Larbert Estate and learn more about your local woods. No booking is required, just turn up on the day – Friday 18th April 2014. Meet at the front of the old Larbert House in the hospital grounds at 11am.
Cost: £1 per child. Adults to be accompanied by children.
To view the event post, please click here: Forestry Commission Easter Event
The March meeting of the Community Council will be held in the Rennie Lounge of Larbert Old Church on Monday 31 March 2014 at 7:15pm.
- To view the agenda for the meeting, please click here: LSTCC – Agenda 31 March 2014.
- To view the minutes from our last meeting on Monday 24 February 2014, please click LSTCC – Minutes – 24 February 2014 .
As well as our main agenda items and matters arising from previous meetings, we have a number of guest speakers attending the meeting:
- Jon Reid, Larbert High School – to provide an update on the bike bump track project
- Network Rail – to provide an update on the bridgeworks in Larbert
- Capital Dynamics and Foundation Scotland – to provide an update on the windfarm at Todhill Farm and to discuss the proposed community benefit fund
- Alastair Mitchell, Falkirk & District Town Centre Management Ltd – to provide an update on marketing activities and events in Stenhousemuir Town Centre
All are welcome to attend the meeting. If you unable to attend but have a matter you wish to raise, please post a comment on this page or e-mail us as soon as possible on email@example.com
Falkirk Council’s proposed Local Development Plan (LDP) was submitted to Scottish Ministers on 19 February 2014. A reporter has now been appointed to conduct an examination into the unresolved representations to the Proposed Plan.
Falkirk Council is also preparing and consulting on a range of Supplementary Guidance (SG) which will accompany the LDP. At this stage, Falkirk Council has published & is seeking comments by Friday 14th April 2014 on the following 4 SGs:
- SG01 – Development in the Countryside
- SG05 – Biodiversity & Development
- SG06 – Trees & Development
- SG13 – Open Space & New Development
Falkirk Council has granted planning permission for the Maggie’s Centre to be built next to Larbert Loch in the grounds of Forth Valley Royal Hospital.
A new Facebook page has been set-up to help support and promote the Larbert businesses which have been affected by the closure of Main Street at Larbert Station during the bridgeworks. The new page can be found at www.facebook.com/LarbertLocals
Repair works are taking place on a burst water main in Main Street in Larbert from 10pm on Tuesday 11th March to 6am on Wednesday 12th March. There will be disruption to water supply for a number of properties in the surrounding area. To view the areas affected and for more information, click on the following link: http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/business/business-news/repair-work-means-disruption-to-larbert-water-supply-1-3332299