Starting in May 2014, the green bin for non-recyclable waste will be collected every 3-weeks (currently every 2-weeks).
We have invited Falkirk Council along to our April Community Council meeting on Monday 28th April 2014 at 7:15pm in the halls of Larbert Old Church to discuss the changes in more detail. All are welcome to attend.
Falkirk Council has advised us that all households will receive a letter detailing the changes and reasons for the changes to waste collection services. To view the letter, click here.
Falkirk Council has also launched a campaign to alert residents to the changes and to explain the changes in more detail.
This campaign includes:
- Community roadshows and events (see below)
- Updated recycling calendars
- Updated information leaflets
- Door-to-Door Visits
Any residents with specific queries or concerns can also contact Falkirk Council on 01324 504444 or by e-mail: zerowaste@Falkirk.gov.uk
Residents can also request a visit from Falkirk Council to discuss specific concerns in more detail.
Local roadshow events taking place across the Larbert and Stenhousemuir area include:
- Tuesday 15th April – 11am-2pm: Torwood Garden Centre
- Wednesday 16th April – 9am-1pm: Dobbie Hall Market
- Saturday 26th April – 10am-4pm: Charity Day, Stenhousemuir Shopping Centre
- Wednesday 30th April – 10am-2pm: Sainsbury’s car park, Kinnaird Village
- Thursday 1st May – 10am-4pm: ASDA, Stenhousemuir
- Thursday 8th May – 2pm-7pm: ASDA, Stenhousemuir
- Wednesday 14th May – 9am-1pm: Dobbie Hall Market
- Tuesday 27th May – 11am-2pm: Torwood Garden Centre
For full details on the changes can be found on Falkirk Council’s website, please click here.