The Community Council has a maximum of 11 individual Community Councillors. Community Councillors are local people who give time to, and have a genuine interest, in the wellbeing of their community.
Falkirk Council holds elections every 4 years for the 11 places. The next elections are due to be held in October 2017. Office bearers are elected at each AGM.
The Community Council can also have 5 nominated representatives from local organisations and groups. In addition, the Community Council has allocated 2 places for young people aged 16-18 from Larbert High School.
- Eric Appelbe – Convener
- Jim Kelly – Vice-Convener
- Yvonne Weir – Secretary
- Gillian Bellingham – Treasurer
- Colleen Hurren – Planning Officer
- Jim Cowan – Community Councillor
- Charles Gillespie – Community Councillor
- Lauralin Scott – Community Councillor
- Margaret Cheyne – Community Councillor
- Peter O’Rourke – Community Councillor
- Denis Shovlin – Community Councillor
Nominated Representatives from Local Organisations and Groups:
- S5 and S6 Pupils – Representing Larbert High School
- Ted Bingham – Representing Larbert Old Play Group
If you are interested in any of the vacant positions, please contact us.