The work includes the removal of the temporary pedestrian bridge, surface jointing, snagging and some final finishing works. Traffic management has been planned to reduce the impact on daytime traffic.
Network Rail is currently circulating their December 2014 newsletter which provides an update on the final works taking place in the run up to and shortly after the re-opening of Main Street on 19th December 2014.
To view the newsletter, please click here: Larbert Newsletter Dec 2014.
Unfortunately Network Rail cannot attend our next meeting on Monday 27th October but have provided the attached report updating progress with the bridgeworks in Larbert.
Network Rail is currently distributing its September newsletter on the bridgeworks in Larbert to local households. The newsletter contains an update on project progress, forthcoming dates for night time working and dates for closure of the Foundry Loan/Main Street junction. To view the newsletter, please click Network Rail – Sept 2014 – Larbert Newsletter .
We’ve received 2 roads orders for this weekend from Falkirk Council. Looks like the junction will now be closed from 0:00 hours (midnight) on Saturday 11th October through to 8am on Monday 13th October. Please check local road signage over the weekend for any updates.
The orders we have received are as follows:
- TTRO/612 received 6 October advises that the junction will be temporarily closed from 20:00 hours on 11th October to 08:00 hours on 12th October, and then from 20:00 hours on 12th to 08:00 hours on the 13th October.
- TTRO/616 received today advises that the junction will be temporarily closed from 00:00 hours on 11th October to 20:00 hours on 11th October, and 08:00 hours on 12th October to 20:00 hours on 12th October
We’ve also received advance notice (TTRO/613) that the junction will be closed from 00:00 hours on 18th October through to 0:800 hours on 20th October.
Network Rail has provided us with an update in advance of our meeting tomorrow night. They are unable to attend the meeting. To view the update, please click: Network Rail Larbert Update Sept 2014
Network Rail has also provided a copy of the traders leaflet providing information and details of all the local businesses. To view the leaflet, please click: Larbert Main Street Business Directory – Network Rail
They also advised that they no longer require the road closure at the Foundry Loan junction with Main Street this weekend – 16th-18th August or the next again weekend on 23rd-25th August. They changed the methodology to try and get as much done over last weekend as possible so that they could minimise disruption, and have met this target.
Network Rail has recently distributed its latest Larbert newsletter to households to provide an update on the bridge works. Please click here: NR Larbert Newsletter Issue 3 July 2014 to view a copy of the newsletter.
The newsletter contains important information on forthcoming dates for night time working and dates for the closure of the junction of Foundry Loan and Main Street.
June Meeting Notification
The June meeting of Larbert, Stenhousemuir and Torwood Community Council will be held in the Rennie Lounge of Larbert Old Church on Monday 30th June 2014 at 7:15pm.
- To view the agenda for the June meeting, please click here: LSTCC Agenda – 30 June 2014.
- To view the minutes from our last meeting on Monday 26 May 2014, please click here: LSTCC – Minutes 26 May 2014.
As well as our regular agenda items and matters arising from previous meetings, we have a number of guest speakers attending the June meeting:
- Kirsty MacKay and Kenny MacDonald from Network Rail will provide us with an update on the bridge works in Larbert.
- Grant Keenan from Strathyre Properties will provide us with an update on the house building taking place in and around Larbert House.
- Police Scotland will be providing their monthly update.
All are welcome to attend the meeting and to contribute to discussions or to raise any issues.
If you unable to attend but have any matters you wish to raise, please e-mail us as soon as possible on email@example.com or post a comment on our website or Facebook page.
Please click here Network Rail Larbert Newsletter May 2014 to view the latest newsletter produced by Network Rail on the bridge works on Main Street in Larbert. The newsletter contains important information on forthcoming road closures and traffic management, night time working schedules and information on recent schools visits. It also contains a brief report from the Community Council’s tour of the works.